Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Card 31 Wins!

Woke up this morning to many kind birthday wishes but the real question on everyone's mind, "did you win"?  Time to get scratching.
The other day, I went to see the cheesiest movie I could find for a friend date with the lovely Brenda Alvarez.  We saw Eat Pray Love.  It was actually pretty good.  Julia Roberts plays a travel writer who goes all over the world to find herself (nothing I could relate to of course:) ) but the best line in the movie?  She's in Italy and she tells the story of a guy who goes to pray to a statue every day, asking it "please let me win the lottery".  Finally one day the statue comes alive out of frustration to say "buy a ticket already!"

Well, if you plan to win the lottery, you've got to buy tickets, and I bought a bunch.
And at the very bottom of the stack we have today's card.  Number 31.  The birthday card.
Is it a winner?  YES!  Is it $20,000?  no.  only $2.  Bringing the total to $36.
I did say I was going to win the lottery for my birthday.  I didn't say how much.  I guess next time I should make my plans more specific!

No comments: