Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Card 17 - finally learning something?

According to tips I found on the internets, I've been doing this all wrong.  I should have gotten one card of 31 different games, instead of 31 of the same game.  I probably should have gone to the busiest gas station in the city to buy my tickets and I should have bought the newest games there are out there.  But really?  A strategy to winning the lotto?  I think my PLANNING to win is really just as good. 

And to prove it, I got out my next card:
 
And won!
Two dollars.  But still.

Now, some have you may be wondering, why does she never scratch all the letters?  There's still dollar signs left on the card!
And the answer is, all of the cards are poorly designed.  The letters under the dollar signs are spaced about a centimeter too high.

They did this to save room for the cash-in codes at the bottom of that scratch off section.  But I think they could have done a better job with that.  Maybe that's the reason it's recommended you try different cards,  so you don't notice these blatant design flaws.

Winnings are now at $18.  That's out of $62 spent, so still down $44 and over half way done.  If I wasn't going to win big by my birthday, I'd be concerned!

No comments: